Top tips for achieving flawless makeup for your big day
September 1, 2017, by: Laura Eddy
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics bridal beauty experts Amy Conway, Hannah Martin, Adeola Gboyega, Lampros Faslis and Aimee Morrison have given us their tips to help you create flawless makeup for your big day.
Don't forget they'll all be on hand at Brides The Show to share their expertise with you!
1. When choosing a foundation for the big day, go for one that melts into your natural skin tone. Skin Foundation Stick is my number one for bridal beauty, plus Corrector & Concealer for an extra bright under-eye. Lampros
2. There are a couple of simple steps that will help all brides’ skin glow on their wedding day. Once you’ve cleansed, massage in two drops of the Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement. It’s packed full of vitamins and antioxidants that will both nourish and protect the skin deep within. Hannah
3. Makeup trials are essential. Be sure to gather together the beauty looks you love from magazines, the internet and Pinterest, and show them to your makeup artist – this will give them an indication of your style. During your trial, have a mirror in your hands at all times so you’ll know which stages you love and which you don’t. Often we just see the big finale and are too overwhelmed to really pinpoint what’s not quite right. Amy
4. Apply a coat of mascara before applying eyeliner on the upper water line then re-apply another 1-2 layers or mascara. This will certainly make your eyes pop! Aimee
5. Apply your eye makeup before your foundation so that if you have any fall out from your eyeshadow, you can clean up the mess and your skin will be flawless for your foundation. This saves time and energy! Aimee
6. Be who you are – don’t consider making any drastic changes to your look for your wedding day such as a smokey eye, bold lip, or intense tan. Instead, on your wedding day you should aim to look like yourself, just beautifully enhanced. Adeola